The only hard part about this cake is peeling the apples, the rest is a breeze. It’s so easy my kids make this cake every so often.
Easy Apple Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract
- 2 apples peeled and sliced into fairly thin pieces
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly. Mix together egg, milk and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients, gently mix just to moisten.
- Pour into a greased 8”x8” cake pan, and push apple slices evenly spaced right down into batter.
- For the topping, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 – 60 minutes until nicely browned.