I made this all in one pan, but you could use separate pans to cook everything at once. I used the 10 oz. can of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of mushroom soup that requires a ½ can of water and a ½ can of milk to be added to the soup. Of course, any creamy mushroom soup can be used.
Lazy Chicken Stroganoff
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 10 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion chopped into chunks
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons sour cream
- teaspoon Dash of paprika
- 1 pepper sliced or diced
- Add a few tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet. Add chicken strips and slightly brown on all sides. Add the onions, mushrooms, pepper and seasonings to the chicken and fry on med for a few minutes. Pour the can of mushroom soup into skillet and add a can of water to skillet. Stir well and cook until soup bubbles. Simmer everything together for about 20 minutes. Scoop some of the sauce into a cup and whisk in the 2 tablespoons sour cream, add back to pot and stir in well, this helps prevent lumps.
- Tip – If broth is too runny simmer until thicker. If it’s too thick, whisk in some water.
- Serve over rice or noodles. Sprinkle with more paprika.
- Garnish with fried peppers if desired.