Share a slice of this amazingly moist banana cake with tea or coffee and your guests won’t be able to get enough. Sprinkle with icing sugar or try my favourite banana icing recipe found here: https://www.urbanwhisk.com/banana-cake/
The four main yummy ingredients are: banana, coconut, pecans and Kahlua.
Banana-Coconut Cake with Kahlua
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas ( 2 bananas)
- ½ cup Kahlua or something similar
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- ¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Topping: icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in flour, a bit at a time alternating with remaining ingredients except coconut and nuts. Beat on low speed until mixture is well blended. On medium speed, beat 2 minutes. Scraping the bowl as you beat. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, till golden. Or, till knife or toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle.
- When cooled, dust with icing sugar.