These delicious lemony, coconut topped cupcakes are a simple little treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
This recipe makes about a dozen or so cupcakes depending on the size you make.
Lemon Coconut Cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ¼ cup 18% heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup softened butter
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups icing sugar or more to reach desired consistency
- ¼ cup Unsweetened coconut
- Beat the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add lemon zest, heavy cream, oil and vanilla. Gently mix while adding eggs and lemon juice.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners. Spoon cake mixture into paper liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat butter and lemon juice. Add icing sugar a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Sprinkle with coconut.