These raisin tea biscuits are so easy to make! Great in the morning with coffee or afternoon tea.
I love them with a little butter and jam, or with my eggs, yummy!
No need to roll these out if you don’t want to!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Soak raisins in hot water for 5-10 minutes (this makes them juicy) then drain off excess water. Set aside
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well, cut in the butter with 2 knives or a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Mix the egg and milk together, make a well in center of dry ingredients, pour in milk and egg mixture, add raisins, stir till all ingredients are mixed into a soft dough.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoonful of mixture and drop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes
- Optional, instead of raisons – Mix in 1cup blueberries, but don’t over mix, batter will turn blue