This super quick dinner idea is oh so good. Serve this super easy beef stroganoff over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes. This dish can be cooked and served in 30 minutes and serves 2 very hungry adults.
This recipe depends on a good tender cut of beef that takes very little time to fry to come out tender.
Recommended cuts of beef include tenderloin, rib steaks and striploins.
Ask your butcher for a tender cut of beef sirloin, not all sirloin cuts work.
Super Easy Beef Stroganoff
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound raw tender beef thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 284 ml can of condensed mushroom soup
- 1 green pepper chopped or sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- Cut beef into thin strips, brown in oil in a large skillet. Tender beef will only take a couple minutes to sear. Add sliced mushrooms and onions, cook vegetables and beef until vegetables are slightly tender, not mushy. Add the non-diluted can of condensed mushroom soup to skillet, stir, and then add a half can of water to skillet. Stir and let simmer on low 20 minutes. If desired, stir in a couple tablespoons of sour cream just before serving. Serve over: noodles, rice or mashed potatoesIf adding any of the optional ingredients, do so together when adding mushrooms and onions.
If you’d like to use a tougher cut of beef, a good slow cooker recipe would be more suited to chewier meats. Another way would be to brown, then simmer the tougher beef slices in a beef or vegetable broth (enough broth to cover a pound of beef) for a couple hours until tender enough to chew, reduce broth to a cup, then add a can condensed mushroom soup (not diluted) to the beef and broth, stir together well. Simmer low for another 20 minutes or until broth is a creamy consistency. Saute vegetables in a separate frying pan, mix with stroganoff and serve over noodles.
See also – Lazy Chicken Stroganoff