This is another one of my family’s favourite dinners.
- 6 large peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- ½ cup water
- 16 ounces of your favourite tomato sauce
- Cut tops off of 6 peppers, remove seeds and membrane. No need to cook peppers before stuffing.
- Brown beef and onion till meat is lightly browned. Add salt, pepper, half the tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce and rice. Cover and simmer till rice is tender about 15 minutes.
- Stuff mixture into peppers, stand upright in a baking dish and pour remaining sauce over peppers.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F, for 30 – 40 minutes, till peppers are tender and top is slightly browned.
- Remove peppers from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese.