This is one of the easiest and most colourful, no-bake chocolate roll cookies to make and store. I’ve also heard people call these cookies Stained glass cookies. These are a great addition to any cookie tray.
Freeze as a whole roll and cut off slices as needed. A great make-ahead treat.
For another awesome no-bake cookie try my No-Bake Haystack Cookies
No-bake chocolate roll cookies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup chopped pistachios walnuts, peanuts, cashews or macadamia nuts
- 2 ½ cups colored marshmallows small
- ½ cup chopped maraschino cherries red or green, well drained
- 1-2 cups coconut
- Melt the butter and chocolate on low heat until melted and smooth.
- Remove pot from heat and add egg and icing sugar, stir.
- Stir in marshmallows, cherries, and nuts, cool slightly for easier rolling.
- Sprinkle coconut on plastic wrap on counter. Lay mixture on top of coconut then sprinkle more coconut on top and sides.
- Form into a log shape then roll up in plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze without slicing. The chocolate roll freezes well.
- Remove from freezer when frozen and cut slices as needed.