Making your own stove-top apple pie filling is pretty easy and it can be used for a number of desserts.
I came across a bag of some frozen apples in my freezer, and took out a package of frozen Tenderflake Puff Pastry Patty Shells.
With minimal effort I had a lovely apple dessert.
Apple Pie Filling in Puff Pastry Cups
- 4 – 5 apples peeled cored and sliced into chunks
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons water if needed
- 1 pkg Tenderflake Puff Pastry Patty Shells
- Put the first 7 ingredients into a pot and cook on medium until apples are tender. This may take 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Follow directions on the package of Tenderflake Puff Pastry Patty Shells for baking the pastry cups. Of course you can use any brand that you find at your grocer.
- Once baked, remove the pastry from the oven and fill the baked puff pastry shells with the cooked apple pie filling. Each pastry cup will need a few tablespoons of filling. That's all there is to it! How easy is that!