This is an amazing waffle recipe. Its thanksgiving today and I woke up to the smell of coffee and waffles. My husband has a few very good skills and breakfast certainly is one of them.
This recipe can also be used to make pancakes.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat egg yolks, stir in milk, oil and orange zest.
- Pour all at once into dry ingredients and stir only until blended. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, fold gently into batter. Heat waffle iron, and spray with oil so waffle doesn’t stick to iron.
- Pour enough batter into waffle iron so as not to overflow iron when lid is closed.
- Cook until golden brown.