I look forward to Sunday mornings. This is the day my husband does breakfast, and it’s usually crepes. He likes to add his own little twist to recipes, such as adding a little orange or lemon zest. What a lovely smell to wake up to! For the very energetic cooks, I have the recipe for ‘Crepes Suzette’ a little further down.
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Mix flour and salt, mix in eggs one at a time. Slowly add milk and melted butter.
- Mix till batter becomes smooth. Let batter sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat crepe pan, grease with a little vegetable oil.
- Pour enough batter on pan to cover bottom, use ladle to spread batter to edges. Slightly brown then flip and brown other side..
- Serve with custard, fruit, syrup, jam etc.
Sauce for Crepes Suzette: