I can’t seem to start my morning without one of these tea buns. I freeze a whole batch of these and in the morning I pop one into the toaster oven and it comes out tasting like its fresh baked.
Awesome with tea or coffee. Oh I almost forgot to mention, these are so easy to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sugar for tops
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well, and cut in the butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. You can also use your fingers and rub the butter with the flour into small pieces. Stir in the cranberries and lemon zest.
- Mix the egg, milk and lemon together, pour all at once into dry ingredients.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoonful of mixture and drop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Gently press down top and sprinkle with white, brown or raw sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 – 20 minutes