This flaky pie crust recipe is so easy even a beginner baker will come across like a pro!
The best recipe for anything is a recipe from a friend or acquaintance because you usually get to try it first before you spend a lot of time fumbling through a recipe that you don’t know if it’s going to taste any good at the end of it all. My friend gave me some tarts and I fell in love with the crust (I am a crust person, only crust people will understand this)
- (Makes a double crust pie)
- ½ pound unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- In a food processor pulse first 4 ingredients together until butter is coarsely blended with flour, mix together egg, lemon juice and water, slowly add to dry ingredients and pulse between additions all the liquid might not be needed. When a ball forms in the food processor the dough is ready to rest in the fridge. Form ball into a disk shape and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove dough from fridge. Using a little more than ½ the dough, roll out on plastic wrap or parchment paper into a circle larger than the pie plate. Use only a little flour to roll out dough as too much flour will make dough tough. Use the plastic wrap to help lift into pie plate.
- Repeat for top crust.