Making your own stove-top apple pie filling is pretty easy and it can be used for a number of desserts.
I came across a bag of some frozen apples in my freezer, and took out a package of frozen Tenderflake puff pastry patty shells.
With minimal effort I had a lovely apple dessert.
- 4 – 5 apples, peeled cored and sliced into chunks
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons water if needed
- (because my apples were frozen I didn’t add any water)
- Put everything into a pot and cook on medium until apples are tender.
- Follow directions on package for baking the pastry.
- Fill the puff pastry shells with the cooked apple pie filling.